Just before the very first day of my iOS development, I didn’t even know about iOS, So I started learning it without knowing about the iOS facts. I mean to say that I started learning iOS in a very unorganized way. So as obvious I faced lots of challenges while developing apps for clients. In this post, I am gonna tell you about the four important pillars of iOS development. So without any further formality lemme tell you what are those four pillars :
As its not all about programming in iOS development, With programming you must know about the other important factor in iOS development.
1 . TOOLS : So this is the very first pillar comes for iOS Development. It has four major parts IDE,Simulator & Instruments.
IDEintegrated development environment is the platform where you do your design ,coding & debugging things. In iOS XCodeis IDE or i should only XCODE is the IDE because you can’t do iOS Native app development on any other tool except this.
Simulator : iOS simulator is one of the important tool which helps you to see your app on device mirror(not on actual device). although the configuration is different from the actual device but it gives you the idea how your application will look & run like on actual device.
Instrument : Instruments is a powerful and flexible performance-analysis and testing tool that’s part of the Xcode tool set. It’s designed to help you profile your OS X and iOS apps, processes, and devices in order to better understand and optimize their behavior and performance.
2. Language : Now Apple offers you two programming languages Swift & Objective-C. So you can start app development by choosing one of them. Apple has announced Swift as an open source so i suggest you to start with swift. many tutorials available on google to give you a kick start. Design Patterns & Frameworks are also major part of language learning as Design Patterns gives you the platform or direction for your application in which you gonna end your application & Frameworks gives you the power to add features in your app in multiple ways.
3. Design : Application flow & User Interface come into design part. Where application flow decide how your application will behave what functionality it’ll have (e.g. background fetch).User Interface will be responsible for your application look. the more your user interface attractive more chances your application become a hit. for this you should be aware of all the Apple HIG guidelines.
4. Apple Rules : Submitting apps on appstore is bit more challenging in comparison of submitting app on google play store. As apple strictly apply some rules on apps before publishing it on apple app store. There are too many rules some of them are
- Apps that crash will be rejected .
- Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected.
- Apps that do not perform as advertised by the developer will be rejected .
- Apps that include undocumented or hidden features inconsistent with the description of the App will be rejected.
- Apps that use non-public APIs will be rejected
Image Credit – Freepik